Scientific Proof of God, A New and Modern Bible, and Coexisting Relations of God and the Universe

Monday, January 26, 2009

Remaking America by George Shollenberger, Idea IV(The 1920 Discovery of Symbols)

When linguists distinguished ‘symbols’ from ‘signals’ in the 1920s, the evolutionary theory of the naturalists was immediately falsified and a monotheistic God became a reality.

However, knowledge about the 1920 discovery was not propagated formally to Americans and the U.S. government workers. In 1931, the incompleteness theorem of Kurt Godel seems to be related to the 1920 discovery. (Click) The 1930 depression might have hidden the discovery from Americans because Susanne Langer’s book on the discovery did not appear until 1942, and republished in 1951 and 1957. The Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction has been formed but has had little success because it focuses on sociology rather than the human mind and the development of self knowledge. (click)

After I read Langer’s book in the late 1980s, I wrote a short paper on symbolic languages and their relations to crime. This paper was of immediate interest to Dr. Robert Heath of the University of Houston. Unfortunately, his U.S. government peer review group misinterpreted his grant application thinking that Dr. Heath would study the relation between national languages and crime. As seen, peer review groups do not always work. Soon, I would retire from the U.S. Department of Justice. When I did, I discussed my thoughts on reducing crime to Attorney General Reno. She was very interested.

After I retired in 1994, I began to study the teaching of Jesus Christ on evilness at Mark 7:15-23. In these verses, Jesus tells us that nothing ‘without’ is defiling. Instead, he says that something within defiles. His words tell me that the defiling thing ‘within’ us is the human mind and the symbols it creates and uses. I conclude that the within thing must be connected to the teaching of Jesus on self knowledge in the Gospel of Thomas.

On pages 160 of my book, I say ‘Jesus taught the cause of crime.’ Since I view crime as a major factor in the failures of nations and economies, I must ask, ‘Why isn’t the U.S. government reducing man’s evilness by perfecting man’s mind?’ I have been suggesting this since the 1980s and in my 2006 book? And why aren’t Christians teaching the ‘within’ thing as Jesus taught? We can hear about the ‘within’ thing only in Christian music.

The ‘within’ thing in us can be perfected only with perfected symbols that we develop and use. So, eliminating the evilness of man is a never ending task of our educational systems because nothing perfect exists in the lower world that God gave us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home