Scientific Proof of God, A New and Modern Bible, and Coexisting Relations of God and the Universe

Friday, June 05, 2009

Remaking America by George Shollenberger, Idea XXXXXXXXXVII (A Nation Under God, XXIII)

I have come to the conclusion that many Americans and the younger Republicans of today do not understand the change that President Obama hopes to make. One of these changes had its beginning long ago, when I was still working at the U.S. Department of Justice. So, I will discuss a specific change that President Obama is trying to make. This change would use national government money and expertise to solve the rising crime rate and drug use because the lower governments had no technical abilities or money to solve them. In 1971, the Nixon Administration hired me to help solve these problems.

In the 1980s, the drug problem and crime were still rising because drug users had to become criminals to pay for their drugs. Soon, many ‘neighborhood watches’ began to emerge. Out of these organizations came the community policing experiments that I managed in Houston and Seattle.

Community policing experiments are modeled after General Douglas MacArthor’s earlier effort to build community policing in Japan using Kobans, which are police offices. In the early 1990s, I funded a computer-based community organization mapping program in the Chicago Police Department. I even met some of the community organizers in Chicago and I was impressed.

I retired in 1994. However, I understand that President Obama was involved in the development of community organizations in Chicago in the 1990s. Thus, I assume that my computer mapping program in the Chicago Police Department was a success and led to the growth of community policing in Chicago. I also understand that a new national project called ACORN will spread the community policing program throughout the USA.

Americans must thus understand why President Obama must convince the people of Afghanistan to stop growing drug-producing plants. Afghanistan produces more than 80% of drugs sold in the world. If President Obama is convincing, the U.S. problem of crime and drug use will fade away.

I believe that this crime and drug use change is connected to the other changes that President Obama hopes to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home