Scientific Proof of God, A New and Modern Bible, and Coexisting Relations of God and the Universe

Friday, April 13, 2007

Who Is George Shollenberger?

I was born in 1929 at Pine Grove, a small Christian town in Pennsylvania. As kids, we played in mountains, creeks, and a lake, attended church every Sunday, and played sports until 6th grade. Then, I fell in love with basketball and mathematics. In basketball, I won honors in the State of Pennsylvania in the 12th grade. I graduated from high school in 1947 and decided to enlist in the military for three years. I went into Army Security Agency. It tested me and wanted me to become a code-breaker in a California school of cryptography. I refused because I wanted to become technical and attend the radio school at Ft. Monmouth, NJ. There I became a radio technician and was shipped to Germany in 1948 where the US Army was intercepting Soviet Union radio communications.

I was discharged in May 1950, just before President Truman added one year to all military enlistments. Having about one year of GI Bill Rights schooling, I attended Gettysburg College for one year. With no more money for college, I moved to Philadelphia, lived at the YMCA, and started night school at Drexel Institute of Technology. In 1954, I was married, moved to Baltimore. There, I worked for Lockheed-Martin, and started night school at Johns Hopkins University in electrical engineering.

By 1957 and after the Soviet Union launched its Sputnik, I was beginning to move upwardly as an engineer. By 1960 and without a degree, I had became a national leader in the field of telemetry, had studied a very new mathematical procedure for electrical engineers at Johns Hopkins, and was managing a group of telemetry engineers consisting of PhDs,, Masters, and BS engineers at Lockheed-Martin. I was thus at the right place and at the right time when John Hopkins offered this very advanced mathematical procedure. My telemetry effort at Lockheed-martin caused the US electronic industry to shift from analog to digital. This shift was the first major step to the home computer and explains the success of Bill Gates and Microsoft. By 1964, I received my degree in engineering and was being lured by private electronic companies. I left Lockheed-Martin for business opportunities after John Glenn orbited the earth on the Gemini spacecraft. This spacecraft had the telemetry system that I designed and managed.

By 1970, a medical problem (diabetes) was disturbing my career. So, I took a position in a new agency of the US Department of Justice. This new agency would deal with the nation’s crime and justice problem and was authorized by Congress in 1968. This research position was the manager of the Advanced Technology Division of the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) . Over the next two years, I managed a $9 million budget. This research money was disbursed into the private sector to private companies, colleges, and universities. I also represented the Justice Department on President Nixon’s science and technology domestic initiatives. What a great domestic program Nixon had for the citizens of the USA. Unfortunately, Nixon’s political error forced him to resign. Soon, Nixon’s domestic initiatives ended up in the circle file. What a loss this was to ‘the people’ of the USA. With this loss, the field of US politics lost me as a follower forever. For years, I have been an independent voter. Nixon’s resignation affected the science and technology program at Justice considerably.

By 1977, the head of the NIJ asked me to think about measuring the performance of the NIJ staff. A year later, I completed the report. I found that the performance of any government employee is relative and cannot be measured absolutely. Today, many US government agencies are using ‘benchmarks.’ I believe that these benchmarks are measuring agency goals from year to year. This measurement technique is equivalent to the ‘relative’ measure as I discussed in my report to NIJ.

The report on performance measurement changed my career radically. As a result of this report, my thoughts at Justice shifted from the physical sciences to the life sciences. And, there, my thoughts began to be focused on theology, that is, the theory of God. This shift led me to focus my thoughts on basic causes such as the cause of cancer, the cause of crime, and the cause of my mind. At that time, language became a new tool of thought for me. By the late 1980s, I was asserting that criminals are caused by language flaws. This assertion then caused me to clearly distinguish the linguistic concepts, ‘sign’ and ‘symbols.’

However, by 1993 I experienced brain damage from a carotid artery blockage. The damage was in the language function of my brain. Using my own mind-body theories, I created a computer program that would require my mind to exercise my brain. The more my mind exercised my brain, the shorter my written sentences became. In two years, my average sentence lengths were approaching those of professional writers. This medical experience convinced me that the relations between our mind and brain are not understood correctly by medical researchers.

With my personal mind over body experience on my brain damage and my retirement in 1994, my attention shifted permanently to the theory of God and the sayings of Jesus Christ. In 1999, I lost my wife to brain cancer. Then, in 2001, I decided to get married again and continued my research on the theory of God. In 2005, I found the first scientific proof of God. Since I was an unknown writer, publishers showed no interest. Then, I decided to self-publish a book titled, The First Scientific Proof of God. My 53 years of research, beginning in 1954, becomes very clear in this book on God and His creation.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger marty said…

    Its pretty amazing for someone who apparently was involved with so many aspects of technology like telemetry, bulletproof vests, shift from 'analog to digital'... that I can't find ANYTHING about you on wikipedia, nor can Google apparently locate any page anywhere that makes these comments.

    I know, its those dang atheists!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    George, you are living proof of the problem of labeling children religiously. Since you were born in a "Christian town" you were labelled a "Christian child" before you even knew what religion was all about. Your natural inquisitiveness has lead you to question and try to resolve the problems of religion and you came up with your "proof" in response. You probably wish you had a PhD to put with your name to lend more weight to your assertions.

    As you now know, your proof is sorely lacking from a mathematical and scientific standpoint. If you had gotten more education in these areas, you might have saved yourself the embarrassment of some of the criticism you have received, not to mention the cost of self-publishing a book which is not selling.

    My advice is to read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins so you can see how your life has been affected by this labeling. For a different perspective on the "proof of God" problem you have been working on, read God, the Failed Hypothesis by Victor Stenger, a true scientist.

    I wish you peace, health, and increasing wisdom for the rest of your time on this "pale blue dot" of a planet.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm surprised he wasn't riding along side John Glen in that
    First rocket ride. This man has a real problem. He needs
    Help and prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home