Scientific Proof of God, A New and Modern Bible, and Coexisting Relations of God and the Universe

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Ugly English Language, I


Whenever I say that the English language is ugly, most Americans are shocked and respond to me quickly. But, the English language became the USA language only by one vote. The other candidate was the German language. In this blog, I try to show that the English language was not the best choice. The 1920 discovery, which says that sense-data are primarily symbolic, tells us that the English language was a bad choice from the standpoints of science and avoiding the legislation of arbitrary laws.

In the 1600s, it was almost impossible for a German to reason using the German language. Even Gottfried Leibniz (1646-1716) had to turn to French or Latin. However, in the 1700, it took only about 100 years for the outcast Germans to rule the realm of intellectual commerce. (See Introduction, "The Theory of the German Word Order from the Renaissance to the Present" by Aldo Scaglione). But, you will be fooled. if you do not connect the 15th century writings of Nicholas of Cusa to this German progress and Leibniz’s writings.

The linguist progress in Germany in the 1700s was made possible by Leibniz and the royalty of Germany, Austria, and Russia who wanted to educate the masses of their nations. Interestingly, 200 years later, Hitler will think wrongly that the blond and blue-eyed Germans evolved as the first superior humans. Apparently, Hitler was lured to Darwin’s godless evolutionary theory. Fortunately, the US founders thought the right way in the Declaration of Independence by saying that ‘all men are created equal.’ Today, this saying was changed to ‘all men have equal choices.’’ This new saying of our godless economists is a typical example of why I say that the English language is ugly.

In the 15th century, the German, Nicholas of Cusa, gives us a reason why the English language is ugly. Cusa said that if Aristotle had been attentive, "he would have spared us and himself great labor; surely he would have handed down the hidden truth by means of words which are simple, very clear, and very sparse. For he would not have had need either of an elaborate logic or the difficult art of definition..." (In Ch. 19 of "God as Not-other" by Cusa) The English language thus became ugly also because England’s philosophers and scientists are Aristotle followers.

I was born and raised in a German town in Pennsylvania. My mind is thus influenced by the German language and German customs. I believe that my mind is organized geometrically. This means that my mind is not organized using Aristotelian categories and logic, which dominate the English language. In school, I thus did not do well in language courses. But, I did well in mathematics and science.

Accordingly, I do not conceive the world’s realities as an Aristotelian mind will. Further, my book, "The First Scientific Proof of God" has been criticized because I use short words and sentences and do not write as some elite Americans write. Certainly, my German and geometrical mind do not fit exactly with the English language. But, my mind, writings, and speeches fit close enough to allow me to be a highly productive person in science throughout my career. In fact, my geometrical mind allowed me to function effectively in both the hard and soft sciences.

If a second language becomes a requirement in high schools, the German language should be that second language. Since the German language seems to be the most powerful language in the world today, the English language must be reformed by removing all Aristotelian categories and logic. Further, the Spanish language should not be elevated in the USA. Instead, the Spanish language must be forced to fade away quickly.

16 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "'All men have equal choices.' This new saying of our godless economists is a typical example of why I say that the English language is ugly."

    The Germans have a similar phrase: "Alle Menschen haben die gleichen Chancen". Does that mean that the German language is ugly too?

    I can see you are not a linguist. Even if there were a problem, it would not be the English language as such, but the way people use it. All the bad things you say about English equally apply to German, or to whatever other language for that matter.

    "Since the German language seems to be the most powerful language in the world today."

    How do you know that German is more powerful than Chinese, or Japanese, or Hindi, or Quechua, or Finnish, or Basque?

    "Further, the Spanish language should not be elevated in the USA. Instead, the Spanish language must be forced to fade away quickly."

    What on earth is wrong with Spanish? Do you even speak it?

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a very interesting and thought provoking idea. Thanks very much. Angela.
    (student from Tasmania) (amjessep@utas.edu)

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger MattP said…

    Are you not even a little bit suspicious that your opinion may just reflect a bias toward your native language and against your acquired second language?

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger George Shollenberger said…

    Hi kenneth brown,

    You are on the right target when you say I am not a linguist. But, I do nor speak German. I am a reasearcher who seeks causes and root causes if I can. Thus. I am a scientist, mostly theoretical.

    I studied the Plato/Aristotle debate, which was the first formal effort to produce knowledge by man. So, what is knowledge? and how is knowledge produced? were big questions in this debate. My studies show that this debate is still active today because Plato and Aristotle stood on two sides of a fence and no one could unify them.

    My research shows that all Western nations today are either following thw philosophy of either Plato or Aristotle. The intellectual origin of the modern German nation (and Sadam Huessin, for example) is aligned to Plato whereas the intellectual origin of the USA (and the Pope and England) is aligned to Aristotle.

    I am a Platonist. Now, you know why I say that the Engliah language is ugly and why the German language is intelletually powerful.

    For truths on language, which is more important, a linguist who knows nothing about the Plato/Aristotle debate or a nonlinguist who has considerable knowledge of this debate?

    I am a teacher who seeks deep truths. So, I work in all fields of thought. More research will expand your already developed great knowledge.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger George Shollenberger said…

    anonymous,

    If you can read in English, you might want to get my book, The First Scientific Proof of God. Very big changes are coming to the whole world because we now know scientifically that God exists. This proof in in my book.

    George

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger George Shollenberger said…

    matt,

    No, I am not concerned about a two-language (English and German)system because they will slide togethern like two butters as they are used and lead to a more powerful third language.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why didn't you answer any of my questions? Don't consider a question as an opportunity to talk about whatever subject interests you. That is not how it works. So be a good boy, read my questions again and this time answer them properly.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger George Shollenberger said…

    Kenneth brown,

    I chose not to answer them because I tought you would conclude that these other languages are not even considered by me to be in the intellectul class of the German and English languages.

    If you did not make this conclusion, I am sorry. Anyway, above are my answers.

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So you think Basque and Hindi and Quechua are not in the intellectual class of the German and English languages. Why? Please give examples that substantiate your claim. By the way, where and when did you learn to speak those languages?

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger George Shollenberger said…

    kenneth brown,

    Your timing is right on time with my latest blog. I measure the intellectual power of national language by looking at its production of ideas that are consistent with God.

    The German language is the highest intellectual power. The English languafe is degenerating because its people do not know their future.

    All national language have an intellectual power. But some have more than others.

    I cannot speak any language other than English. The degeneration of the English language led me to write my book in very simple ways.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger MattP said…

    If the German language is superior to the English language for producing ideas compatible with God, why is the percentage of population that believes in God so much lower in Germany than it is in the US?

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger George Shollenberger said…

    matt,
    I have no answer on that difference. When I was in Germany in the 1948-1950, I saw a defeated nation for the first time. This defeat resulted in inctrased slavery, poverty, and an unbelievable level of prostitution. This result won't change the language because the elite maintains it.

    The English language has beens degenerating because the 1920 disovery was never installed. Atheism came from this degeneration. Note. The rise in prostitation, drug use broken families, and gambling is the result of the English language.

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You wrote,

    "these other languages [Basque, Hindi, Quechua] are not even considered by me to be in the intellectul class of the German and English languages."

    "I measure the intellectual power of national language by looking at its production of ideas that are consistent with God."

    If you don't speak or read those other languages, how do you assess their production of ideas that are consistent with God? Many of these ideas have probably never been translated into English.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is an interesting hypothesis about prostitution being linked to English language usage. Do you think that prostitution will increase even more drastically now that Spanish is becoming so much more prevalent in the U.S.? Thailand seems to have a particularly virulent problem with child prostitution. I wonder if the average age of prostitutes would increase if Thailand switched to speaking English, and if prostitution there would become less of a problem if they switched to speaking German? Perhaps the best way to advance your proof is to start a political movement in the U.S. to change the national language from English to German. If you accomplished that and our crime rate went down as a result, you would be a national hero. Or am I misunderstanding the causality?

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger George Shollenberger said…

    kenneth brown,

    After proving the existence of God, the monotheistic God becomes much clearer. Many new ideas appear just as Jesus taught 'living water.'(See St. John 4:14). A monotheistic God opened my mind with living water, somewhat like the explosion of the Big Bang is said to explode.

    Books that compare religions can then be used how a specific religion views a monotheistic God and whether the religion aligns to the exploding ideas.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger George Shollenberger said…

    e.zapata,

    Your thinking is right on target. In my book, I discuss worldwide political possibilities. If they become actual, you will see a beautiful world with beauty all around. At age 78, I must hope that a youth movement emerges with a monotheistic God and the related ides found in my book.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home