Scientific Proof of God, A New and Modern Bible, and Coexisting Relations of God and the Universe

Monday, March 19, 2007

Distinguishing Christianity From Judaism and Islam


In yesterday’s blog, I agree with Christianity by saying that a monotheistic God must appear in our world. But, I disagree with Christianity when I say that God must appear in our world to inform us about the future. I say that God must keep us informed because He cannot communicate with us across the infinite gap that separates God from the world He creates. But, I also disagree with Christians who say that the Son appears only a second time to save us from the darkening of the sun. Since the darkening of the sun is estimated to be a few billions of years away, I conclude that the Son will appear on this planet many times before the sun darkens. However, the appearance of the Son as Jesus Christ distinguishes Christianity from Judaism and Islam because the Jews and Muslims do not believe that God appears in our world.

However, using the symbols "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,’ Christians formed the first mirror of God. This mirror of a monotheistic God was named the Trinity. Obviously, finding this linguistic mirror was a major theological breakthrough in the 4th century. But, few Christians know that a second breakthrough came in the 15th century when the three symbols of the first Trinity were transformed into the three ‘scientific’ symbols --- One, Equality, and Union. The 15th century breakthrough is discussed in my book, ‘The First Scientific Proof of God.’

How do the Jews and Muslims understand a monotheistic God? I have not conducted research on this question. I have been told that some Jews are seeking signs of God. They are called cabalists. I doubt that a mirror about God can be constructed only with signs. And, I have been told that some Muslims believe that the Qur’an is the last scripture to be made by man and that it was written using God’s language. I don’t believe that God’s language can be known and expressed with any human language. Since the Jews and Muslims do not believe that God appears in our world, they view Jesus Christ as a prophet. So, the difference between them and Christianity is great.
The pic is a metaphor of God's appearance in our world to care for us eternally, as a shepherd cares for sheep daily.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "And, I have been told that some Muslims believe that the Qur’an is the last scripture to be made by man and that it was written using God’s language."
    This is completely untrue; the Prophet Muhammad was an illiterate person and so the Qu'ran could not have been created by man

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger George Shollenberger said…

    response to anonymous,

    I am aware that Mohammad was illiterate. My information originates in the 15th century by Bishop Nicholas of Cusa. See pages 75-78 in my book for more details.

    Since a monotheistic God is a thing-in-itself (infinite qua infinite), God cannot talk discursively to anything in our finite world. I deal with this God/man communication problem in Part IIc of my book.

    This is a good subject and requires more research.
    George

     

Post a Comment

<< Home